Residential Preventive Maintenance
Before the cooling or heating seasons
it is a good idea to have your system checked out by one of our maintenance experts. Small problems can become bigger problems as your system continues to run. Just as your automobile needs regular maintenance so does your air conditioning system. You should, at least, clean or replace your air filters each month.
- Inspect and tighten all electrical connections and terminals.
- Clean and adjust main gas burners.
- Clean and adjust ignition/pilot assembly.
- Thoroughly brush and vacuum clean the heat-exchanger(s) and combustion chambers.
- Visual inspection of heat-exchanger(s) & combustion chambers for cracks, rusting, or problem areas.
- Vacuum out blower compartment; return airdrop, and surrounding area. (No duct cleaning)
- Inspect the flue assembly and test flue gas drafting mechanism.
- Test and inspect all furnace safety controls.
- Test and adjust gas pressure.
- Replace or clean standard air filters.
- Clean, blower motor, drive mechanism and fan assembly.
- Lubricate all fan motors and all moving parts.
- Adjust all dampers and set proper blower speed(s).
- Clean, level, test, and calibrate thermostat.
- Measure and record heating system output.
- Inspect and test thermocouple output as well as pilot safety switch.
- Measure electrical voltage and amperage.
- Inspect and test all system transformers, relays, contactors, and controls.
- Repair minor air leaks in plenum and return airdrop.
- Perform a complete and thorough, room-by-room, electronic carbon monoxide check of the entire house.
- Advise you on other ways to reduce energy consumption, improve safety and enhance comfort.
We recommend annual air conditioning check-ups in the spring and furnace check-ups every fall. Although regular checkups will not absolutely guarantee that a unit will continue to work perfectly throughout the season, they will reveal most small problems that can lead to major, far more expensive problems if left unattended.
Maintaining your Furnace/Heating & Air Conditioning Systems can...
- Lower utility bills.
- Extend equipment life.
- Mean fewer repairs and/or breakdowns.
- Improve system reliability.
- Increase heating capacity.
- Bring peace of mind for you and your family.
Residential Maintenance Program
Become a Preferred Customer
There's something else that preventive system maintenance gives you, and that's peace of mind. Pre-season maintenance can help you avoid a system failure on the hottest or coldest day of the year. It can also help you avoid a frantic search for an air conditioning or heating dealer that can repair or replace your broken system.
Elkhorn Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. provides an annual maintenance agreement that also entitles priority service to our customers.
The purpose of this program is to provide your family with enhanced equipment safety and efficiency as well as extend the life of your equipment. Your family will also appreciate knowing that your equipment has been tested for deadly, odorless, poisonous carbon monoxide gas.
By becoming a Preferred Customer, you are entitled to priority service, extended warranties, discounts, no overtime charges and, most importantly, Peace of mind.
This program also entitles you to benefit from our exclusive 21-point precision tune-up and professional cleaning twice a year.
Sign Up Today!
Your 100% total
satisfaction is guaranteed.
Try this program for ninety days; if you are not pleased, we will refund your entire investment. There is absolutely no risk.
Use our Contact Page or Call our office at
to sign up today!
What You Receive
- Two (2) Precision Tune-up & Professional Cleaning's will be performed each year during the spring and fall.
- All service department parts, materials, and labor shall be discounted at a rate of 15% off our normal price.
- Emergency service shall be provided after normal working hours at standard daytime rates (No overtime charges).
- Peace of mind for you and your family.
Call Elkhorn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. at 303-975-8809 for all your Residential Preventive Maintenance needs.